Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

CelticGlamazon
Participant

[quote quote=6139]Snaps for bravery, Terri. I already cringe at the thought of the response, although I imagine DG will largely brush it off. She doesn’t come across to me as the kind of person to assume responsibility for actions outside her purview.

Edited to add: I still feel that the best way to bring this to her attention if it is a legitimate concern is to ask her directly, though. The blog posts can come across as an indictment and give vocal torch-bearers a locus. She’s proven she is willing to have these conversations. Just a thought that as you feel she must take the fans into consideration when expressing herself, so must you if you are going to take this question up in a public way.
[/quote]

I agree that that a blog post could appear as an indictment without the preemptive step of asking her outright. I also give you props for undertaking this endeavor. 🙂