Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

rachely
Participant

I have a funny story about the PBK induction ceremony, but I really should stop with the constant ‘getting thread off topic’ thing

ETA: then I realized that just by posting that ^^ I was already off topic. So the PBK ceremony is at about 9:30am, an hour b/f we’re supposed to be robed for the commencement ceremony. There are like 15 of us in this science classroom with our parents/SOs/guests. I’m pretty sure all 15 of us were hungover–at least everyone else looked like I felt. We were totally befuddled because the put the GUESTS up front in the floor seats and we were in the back of the classroom on the steps. I sarcastically (shocking, I know) commented that maybe they needed to teach us the secret handshake and we had to be in back so the guests wouldn’t see. (Seriously, do a bunch of people whose claim to fame is a 4.0 need a HANDSHAKE?!) So, we go through the talking part–the hungover among us struggling. We get our keys, sign the book, go back to our seats. And low and behold the faculty PBKers come back to give us the secret handshake and sign. SERIOUSLY WTF? I don’t get the handshake, we can wear a PBK key around our necks so it’s not like it’s a secret society. the whole POINT of it is to put it on your grad school applications.

Then my mom came back to give me a hug. And the secret handshake. Awwwwwww. {curtain}