Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

barbc624
Participant

I personally don’t have a problem with the comment between friends in a non public forum. But…what if Ron had made that same comment about Caitriona that night? Can you imagine the ensuing outrage? That is my problem with it being so easily excused.

That said, I think CelticG makes a great point about Diana not being used to being in such a large public eye at that point in time and having since taken a stand about objectifying the actors. I don’t read her Facebook for much the same reasons as CelticG stated so I hadn’t seen that, while I have seen her original comment used as an excuse for poor behavior. Unfortunately nothing ever disappears on the Internet – a lesson to us all about what we post.