Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

hotscot
Participant

I’m commenting to the person who looked under Graham’s kilt. I’ve played in a bagpipe band for many years. I’m a tiny, female, petite, cultured physician with a masters degree in literature (in other words, not accustomed to rude behavior from strangers). The minute I put my kilt on & march in a parade, all kinds of strangers- men & women are trying to pick up my kilt, look under my kilt, ask me what’s under my kilt…etc. My son, also a piper was marching in a parade at the age of 9 and some grown woman picked up his kilt to see what was under it. He ran up to me crying and related the incident. Since that time we all wear some sort of athletic short under our kilts. It’s amazing what idiots people can be, but we’re all used to it by now. My usual response to the “big question” is “socks & shoes”. If they attempt to look for themselves my bass drone makes a dandy weapon for whacking them up side the head!