Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

conniebv
Participant

WatchrTina, that was beautifully put. I am actually writing my recap for 102 right now and I write about the firelight and praising Jesus for it. I don’t want to remain uncritical of myself, but I don’t feel that it falls into objectification because I am not divorcing the individual from my appreciation. Objectification to me, is more in the realm of posting still pictures of his butt divorced from the performance they were meant to enhance. I think the fact that you question yourself is a great thing, and something we should all do. I did, and it made me commit to never showing their nudity on my blog because I feel like that was not their intent when they showed us their bodies.

I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.