Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

conniebv
Participant

The only person that can address Diana’s comments properly is Diana, and she tends to do so pretty decisively. I suggest putting that question to her directly on her FB if you want an honest answer, because she’ll give it, and all we could offer is speculation.

Also, I haven’t seen this behavior in the majority of the fandom. I feel like we’ve been tainted by a few women who have become legend, like the famous Thru the Stones woman who tired to look under GMcT’s kilt. I was at that event, and it was late and a bunch of people (and staff) had gone to bed. A bunch of us went and told the dude who was running “security” and he said that they didn’t have a person looking after him because Graham was a man and “could handle himself.” Now I helped organize events for The Smithsonian, and that freaking killed me, because it was not OK. What happened to him was wrong. They both should have had a dedicated person (ideally two) to crowd-manage. This drunk lady was acting out prior. She should have been taken out before this. As it is, she is banned from all future events, but now she lives in infamy as an example of that event, when so much other good stuff happened there.