Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On Objectification of Sam, et al

CelticGlamazon
Participant

I’m going to try this one more time…for some reason my first post won’t let me edit and it appeared in the middle of the thread while deleting my link.

So if this seems redundant…well…yeah.

A friend shared this on twitter today, and since it’s been about a month since this thread was updated I thought it appropriate to share. I know that I’m not the only one that’s been sickened by some of the things that have been said in the fandom in the past three weeks, and quite frankly it’s made me question my participation in many fandom related events. I’ve even started unfollowing people that are quite active in the fandom because of the innapropriate discourse they’ve been a part of in reference to all things SH. In many ways, my experience is becoming ‘not fun’ because of constantly coming face to face with fans that are making us all look like sex starved predators.

I adore this forum and the potential that Terry has given us here to discuss and enjoy something we all like. Thank you all for being respectful and understanding healthy boundaries while allowing us to keep our own sense of humor.

https://terrizellerwallace.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/the-problem-with-fandoms-aka-the-objectification-of-sam-heughan/