Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: OUTLANDER ISSUES ****SPOILER ALERT****

Susan53
Participant

[quote/]
What is the title/author of the book that you received and would you recommend it? As a vegetarian and one who eats only organic whenever possible, and who takes modern medicines only when absolutely necessary since I hate putting chemicals into or on my body, I am always looking for information on safe and well tested natural remedies.
[/quote]

Barb (and Julia, since you asked too) —

I am the same, a vegetarian who avoids chemicals and modern medicines when I can. 🙂 An odd duck in a family mixed with hypochondriacs and meat eaters. Haha!

I was given two books, both by the same author Rosemary Gladstar. The titles are Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health: Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, and Tinctures (the one I really like and reference most often) and Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide. This one does a nice job introducing (with detail) the most commonly used medicinal herbs and has great photos. It also includes basic recipes. Both are good, the second one is a little less comprehensive. And then, of course, there’s the mind/body connection when it comes to natural healing, but that’s a whole different set of books. 😉

Susan

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Susan53.