Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

CelticGlamazon
Participant

Roger Mac turned into a bigger whipping boy for DG than Jamie did. That poor man! I cried over the things that happened to him more than anything else in the series…except Rollo…but we don’t talk about that (do we Rachel?). I can also understand everyone’s issues with Bree, but I grew to love both Bree and Roger…well I loved Roger all along. I also see a bit of myself in Bree when I was that age.

I’m with everyone who brought up LJG…because I ADORE that character. I didn’t at first, hated him really, but later fell in love with him. MOBY was my favorite LJG, because…well…spoilers.

My inner science geek has a hard time when I try to focus on the ‘rules’ for time travel, and the plausibility of it all…so I intentionally ignore dissecting that topic…because, science.

DIA was the book that I stopped focusing on the Jamie/Claire storyline as the primary focus for the series, and then enjoyed the overall storyline more. I know I’m a bit of an oddball in the fandom for that, but…meh…if the shoe fits. 🙂