Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

kricki
Participant

So glad I found you all here. I missed out on the earlier convo here but loved reading everything you all have written. It is nice to see others that get that its Claire’s story. I love Jamie but I LOVE Claire. You know how I can tell the difference? Because Claire makes me jump up and down, cry, yell and once throw my book across the room. There is so much to comment on and not enough time to do it since its 10:00pm on the west coast and I wake up early. Thank you to Terry and Sonya for the kind words.

Regarding Claire not caring about BJR at end of OL and obsessed in DIA. I have always read it as in OL she didn’t have a chance to care. She was told he was dead, there was nothing she could do about it. In that moment she “thinks” history can be changed and just rolls with it. Once she realizes that maybe history has “fixed points” (to use a Doctor Who expression) she does her best to be sure Frank’s line continues. Just to be safe. Once that’s set, she’s out. I have always thought she felt like it was the least she could do for him. Make sure he exists. Just my take on it. Not to mention if you get into the whole space/time paradox issue it could’ve been a form of self preservation. No Frank, no trip to Scotland, no stone, no Jamie. Oh this train of thought could go on for hours and I gotta go to bed.

Good night all. Thanks again for some great “read’.