Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

sonyakhanum
Participant

I think DG covered the inconsistency of BJR’s death by clarifying in DIA that MacRannoch likely saw the body of the dead “assistant” who was with BJR in the prison and thought it was BJR – or something like that…I read the book way too fast, so I could be mistaken.

My problem with DIA was the insistence in keeping BJR alive in order to save Frank, despite Jamie’s reasons to ensure BJR is no longer around. I just couldn’t help thinking “didn’t you choose not to return back to that time/life, and chose life with Jamie?”. But, I recognize that it’s a very difficult situation to know that your actions or someone else’s actions could totally extinguish the existence of someone you’ve known and loved…and we wouldn’t have much of a plot, I guess. Nevertheless, it was the one point in the series where I felt very frustrated with Claire.