Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Kendall Markel
Participant

Hi, Terry! I followed you over from your Twitter discussion about DIA and Master Raymond. You asked if we, the fans, could describe DIA in four tweets. That was pretty difficult, but I kept thinking, for me, DIA is about the little details of JC’s married life – cuddling in bed, thinking of baby names, and J&C’s arguments about Claire working at the hospital. All this normalcy of being a couple, but with a backdrop of all this crazy going on.

When I think of DIA, I also think of failures. J&C take on this huge task, and with everything they’re juggling, it’s no surprise that they do fail. They’re only human!

So, I’d def like to see Jamie and Claire have some special moments that showcase Claire and Jamie’s marriage before all hell breaks loose.
Definitely, I want to see the Comte St. Germain looking fabulous! & scary as hell.
I’m really interested to see how you tackle Master Raymond’s story in Season 2. He is sorta Claire’s apothecary bestie 🙂