Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

rachely
Participant

I like to take the blame on myself.

To me: DIA = Claire’s heartbreak and attempt to accept in the ‘now’ time. How she survived heartbreak (she says something like “it was a small, clean sound”) and raised a daughter with the man she didn’t love but had to respect. how he (frank) loved Bree, whatever the cost.

For me, and I only speak for me, the whole of DIA lead to that–leads to Bree finding Jamie, finding some sort of acceptance of her fathers. And I don’t know how you do that in TV when you haven’t read the other books. I started reading the books after, I think, MOBY was already written. I was never left in confusion about what would occur because I always had the next book.

The reason we ended up here, the reason the spoilers happened, is that NOTHING in DIA happened in a vacuum if you have read the other books. I don’t know how you do that as a writer of OL season 2. Because for the readers, season 2 (DIA) is bound up with what WILL happen in the other books/seasons.

(seriously, Terry, DRUNK, am I making any sense?)