Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

sonyakhanum
Participant

Oh! Roger as a guide – I like that. His POV is the first one we experience besides Claire’s.

I was thinking about this book the other day and how it would be portrayed on the screen, especially with the limited time that each episode offers. There’s SO MUCH that happens in this book, that I don’t think you could fit it all in. I wouldn’t mind if the Paris part was shortened a bit – it wasn’t my favourite, but there are some crucial scenes and characters that set the stage for the rest of the series that should be included (eg. Master Raymond, Mary Hawkins and the Randall’s, the loss of Faith, and the trials Claire and Jamie go through following that loss, are a couple that I can think of).

All the books in the series are different and unique, special in their own way, but DIA is one of my favourites.