Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: The Big O

sonyakhanum
Participant

Barb, I saw it the same way too, that the penetration didn’t happen until he flipped her over.

As for the final sex act, I actually got teary eyed (this is probably totally weird). It was so beautifully done and you could feel the emotional connection. It was very touching…*sniff I’m excited to see what the show has in store for us in terms of their physical and emotional connection. Frank and Claire’s sex scenes didn’t do much for me either, though I thought the scene when they were visiting the Castle was pretty hot. Other than that, I didn’t really feel the connection. Barb, you’re probably right that book readers may have a different reaction to Frank and perceive him differently. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that from what we’ve seen so far, Claire seems to be more “authentic” (not sure if that’s the right word I want to use :s ) and almost natural when it comes to sex with Jamie than with Frank? It may be because I’m watching the show from a “book-reader lens” with a certain bias towards Jamie and her relationship with him.