Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On Objectification of Sam, et al

CelticGlamazon
Participant

****SPOILERS**** for 1st book.

Diana’s Response to the questions on the necessity of the Wentworth Scenes. If you haven’t read the first book, don’t click the link.

http://awyissoutlander.tumblr.com/post/79566217462/diana-gabaldon-explains-the-why-of-the-wentworth

^^^This is why I hope they remain honest to the book storyline for this particular part. I have no doubt that we’ll be rewarded with an amazing interpretation of the book, because the show has been FANTASTIC so far.

[quote quote=4201]Considering what happens in the second half the season it is entirely possible that people will find other things to talk about besides Sam’s ass.

{shudder}
[/quote]

[quote quote=4217]I’m with all of you in dreading that scene. I never expected the flogging to be s disturbing as it was and I can’t even begin to imagine how the end is going to play out. (Mentally preparing myself for that as I know it is going to be extremely difficult to watch).

And I agree and hope that any nudity in those scenes is not going to be the focus of attention.
[/quote]

[quote quote=4204]YES. Absolutely. That is going to be hard to watch. I feel like I could almost read that part of the book with one eye closed but seeing it in living color will be something else entirely. I hope I can sleep after that![/quote]