Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: YOUR FAVORITE COSTUME.

CelticGlamazon
Participant

[quote quote=2406] Also, anything Dougal wears. His clothes just seem to somehow make him “more”.
[/quote]

That is a brilliant way of putting it. The clothes just make Dougal…ungh. Graham is a lovely man, and carries himself in such a regal way. Everything about Graham’s costume in the scene where they’re playing shinty, Everything.

[quote quote=2411]I suppose you could have more than one! Oh, how I love the way Graham McTavish wears clothing. Duch an elegant man, with the posture of a dancer![/quote]

It wasn’t until I read this, that the difference in his posture made sense. He does carry himself like a dancer, and probably why I love the Shinty scene so much. /Team Dougal

I also love how Hugh Monroe’s costume was handled. I was impressed with the way his entire representation was handled, and it was better than I had hoped. I read the part later in the series that talks of Hugh the night before this episode aired, and it struck me in a way I couldn’t have foreseen. Brilliant.

My third favorite costume is Ned Gowan’s costume. The tricorn makes that character for me. I just love him.