Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: ***There Be Spoilers Here*** – Vikings on The History Channel

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion ***There Be Spoilers Here*** – Vikings on The History Channel Reply To: ***There Be Spoilers Here*** – Vikings on The History Channel

sonyakhanum
Participant

It’s interesting that the media surrounding Vikings and BSG don’t/didn’t discuss the treatment of faith in those shows. I didn’t notice it, but now that you raise it, I definitely see the lack of any discussion (beyond a religious studies type situation – I’ve seen some Christian blog sites discuss the subject with respect to BSG).

Faith plays such a significant role in both of the shows and especially in BSG, which really delved into some pretty deep subjects and really explored the human/cylon endeavour to seek meaning in our life and in the universe. It’s definitely a taboo subject, but isn’t one of the purposes of art (including TV shows) to provide commentary about our world and culture, which I think shows like Vikings and BSG do very well? I wonder whether Vikings and BSG would get the positive treatment they deserved if reviews and media surrounding Vikings and BSG discussed their treatment of faith and philosophical questions.