Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Closed -Tea Room (go to spoiler free tea room 2015)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Costuming Discussion Closed -Tea Room (go to spoiler free tea room 2015) Reply To: Closed -Tea Room (go to spoiler free tea room 2015)

firstlove
Participant

Hiya all, *waves*

It is a hot evening here in LA right now. So, some iced tea is a cool drink to have.

I wanted to come by and pass on to Terry that all the hard work and research that has gone into the production of Outlander is affecting ordinary day to day life.

How?

Example, my son, missed PE class because he had severe acute appendicitis and even though he could return to school, he could not participate in PE class. Well, in order to make up those missed days, he had to write a single page paper on ANY sport. As he was thinking about what sport to write about, I suggested he look up “Shinty” because I am sure no other student has turned in a paper on that. It peaked his curiosity and sure enough he did his report on that. How cool is that? All that research and sweating the details has not gone unappreciated. Besides, it is a lot of fun to learn new things.