Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Jamie's wedding garb


[quote quote=2450]The coat comes on before the plaid is pulled around the shoulders or torso. The jacket is called a Highland jacket and is shorter then the usual Frockcoat, so that the plaid can be pulled up without folding large portions of the coat up as well. [/quote]

Thank you Terry for explaining how it is done. Dressing Jamie in that Great Kilt would be nice if it had its own visual like Ron did with dressing Claire. All those layers, plus how the one piece of plaid is pleated on the floor, belted and then pulled up and around the torso is a bit mind boggling for the modern day viewer. Those kinds of details I really love. So, thank you again. It adds to my enjoyment and appreciation of the show for me very much.