Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Jamie's wedding garb

dksaga
Participant

Perfect.

I was kind of stressing about all the grumbling in the run-up to the wedding episode about the non-red/black tartan (as per The Book) and was kind of appalled by it. Honestly, how would red/black in any way look good on a redhead? I’ve got to squint just looking at the words, can’t imagine the difficulty in looking at the actual colors on the man. No matter how beautiful the man. Seriously.

But to be truly serious, the line about the “sun coming out” that Jamie applied to Claire at the wedding is the reverse of the book, where Claire refers to Jamie that way when he appears for the wedding, and whoa did you manage that. The colors were gorgeous and suited him perfectly, the way the plaid (is that the right word for it?) was around his chest and arm gave him the appearance of almost royalty …. and after all, he is a laird, even if he’s not able to publicly claim the mantle …. and he truly looked the part and was, just as Herself termed it in the book, “breath-taking.” Though I loved the way it (the “sun coming out” line) was flipped to be part of his narration of the wedding, just so lovely and romantic coming from him. But his appearance was just stunning.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by dksaga.
  • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by dksaga.
  • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by dksaga. Reason: Now editing because my edits aren't showing up, so am fussing with it. Neglecting my kids. Done now